Wednesday, November 28, 2007

SPENDING HABITS: Living The Glamorous Life


It seems like these days, everybody is trying to "stunt like dey daddy."

I found myself in awe my first FAMU Homecoming. I saw cars bigger than what my parents drove, the craziest hair concoctions, and outfits that my paycheck would hide from. I found myself wondering how people could afford all of this stuff. I later realized that many of the people who appeared to be livin it up were pretty much broke. I realized this when one day, I was in class. There was a guy there who had a fly ride. You could tell this dude loved his car more than life itself. But then one day he wasn't feeling too well. A classmate of mine asked him why he wouldn't just go to the doctor, to which he replied that he didn't have any insurance and couldn't afford it.

Are you serious?

Your car has 24 inch rims with a couple TV's, yet you can't afford to get your body checked out? What kind of sense does that make? I find it utterly ridiculous what people are willing to put themselves through just so people can look at them and say that they like their car. NEED ATTENTION MUCH?

In class, one of my colleagues said something along the lines of spending habits pretty much come down to what you like. I guess if I can rock the same Express jacket in four different colors, then a dude can have a random chick riding on his car hood down the street. But still... is it all worth it? Chances are, probably not. Because in a year or so, it will all be out of style again anyway.

Maybe I'll start putting my money into something lucrative. Like stocks or bonds or something.

Livin My Life In High Definition
-The 4th

No comments: