Wednesday, November 28, 2007

SOCIAL NETWORKING: All Up In My Biz-Nass

Facebook. Myspace. You Tube.
Why does it seem like people always wanna be up in your business these days?
Billie and J-Bake (don't really know why that's the first thing that popped in my head while I was thinking about who else was assigned that topic, but I digress.) Anyway, on the topic of social networking sites, I guess I can't really say that I'm against them because I'm a member of all three of those sites. I check my Facebook more often than I check my email. What can I say, the good folks at the 'The Books' headquarters knew what they were doing. They created the electronic equivalent of drugs. Kids all over the world are facebooking like never before, and lovin it.

I found myself thinking about this very topic a few days ago. In particular, I was thinking about how when Facebook first introduced the mini-feed and news feed, the Facebook nation went CRAZY. There was so much of an outrage that major media outlets like USA Today, The New York Times, and even Time magazine wrote about this massive uprising of college students. I even wrote an editorial about it for the The Famuan newspaper. (A pretty good one might I add.)

But that was a long time ago. Now it seems like Facebook is really, as my cousin would say, "doin the most." They've invited almost anybody with an email address, business can log on and check out potential employees, you can buy party tickets, post videos, and anonymously confess to your secret crush all the crazy things you fantasize about. Does it really take all of that? Nope.

And what about Myspace. Oh, myspace. That's a funny one. I check my Myspace page much less frequently than my Facebook. Mainly, because I know there's not that much happening on it. Most of my MySpace friends are on Facebook anyway. On top of that, every amature stripper and wannabe rapper is on MySpace trying to befriend me, so what's the point. I DON'T KNOW YOU AND I DON'T REALLY SUPPORT YOUR CAREER EITHER! Harsh. Maybe. Call me crazy but sometimes I wish we could just go back to the days when only your college peers could stalk you through the computer and poke you numerous times. I guess it's just so much worse when strangers do it.....

Livin My Life In High Definition
-The 4th

No comments: