Wednesday, November 28, 2007

GENDER: The Battle Of The Sexes


Gender is always a pretty good discussion topic. If you ever want to spark a good debate, just ask a group of people if women belong in the kitchen, or to just define the roles of each gender. I remember that for this topic, the presenters split the class up into two groups. Men on one side, women on another. (I remember because they had all the guys go sit over by the window and it was cold outside...) But anyway, I always find it funny that chicks... excuse me... women are always hollerin about how they're independent, and don't need anybody to do stuff for them, etc. I swear, they hear one freakin song and watch a couple of Charlies Angels movies and all of a sudden everybody wants to be all, "I am woman hear my roar."

Whatever.

Now don't get me wrong. I think its admirable, even sexy, when a woman is doin it big for herself. Make your own money, buy your own stuff. That's all good. I mean, who would discourage that? But it just gets ridiculous when you open the door for a chick, and they just MUST let it be known that they could have done it themselves. I mean... really? Excuse the hell out of me if my parents taught me how to be a gentleman. I mean, would you rather me walk through a door and let it slam shut and hit you in the face? Probably not. Then, I would be the one with the problems. I swear, chicks are so weird sometimes. I mean, what is it that you really want anyway? DO YOU EVEN KNOW?!?!

BUT ANYWAY...

I guess when it comes to the whole gender thing, I take my usual, "do you" stance. If you want to be a stay at home mom, raise the kids, clean the house, and make sure dinner is ready when your husband gets home. Cool. Do you.

On the other hand, if you wanna be she-woman and work 10 hours a day, take care of the bills, and kick back with a beer and an NFL game, that's cool too. Do You. But don't trip when the next time we walk into a store and you get the sh*t knocked out of you by the door.

No comments: