Monday, December 17, 2007

YOU GOT ME THIS TIME CUPID


You know, it's kind of funny. Before I got to college I avoided relationships like the plague. I would see all of these people booed up, staring into each others eyes promising to be together forever. (All while I'm thinking to myself RIIIIGGGHHHTTT...)

But then when I got to FAMU, I found myself in a relationship that lasted about six months. Not too bad for your theoretical relationship virgin. Afterwards, I was like... screw it. I don't have time for this. I'm too young to be tied down. I JUST WANNA BE FREE!

So there I was, being myself, being single and loving it. NOt having to answer to anybody, not having to explain myself for not calling in a couple of days, and free to flirt with whoever I felt necessary.

But then something changed. I met someone, and as hard as I tried to fight it at first, the bond got stronger and stronger. I thought about slowing down, but there really wasn't too much else to do. I was already dragging my feet. Eventually I thought to myself, F**k It. I'm gonna do it. And I did. It hasn't been too long, but being off the market really ain't too bad. The stability and comfortability is actually pretty nice. So for now, I guess I'll become one of those people I used to frown up at and see where it goes. So far, the roller coaster hasn't been too bad--and I'm realizing now that that's actually the scary part.

Living My Life In High Definition
-The 4th

No comments: